Graduate Programs in Fashion
The Master of Fashion (MFash) is a professional-practice degree for students with educational qualifications in merchandising, design, or in a related discipline, who want to:
- engage in advanced-practitioner research in fashion
- expand their own knowledge base and expertise in a specific topic area
- advance their professional career
- expand their entrepreneurial opportunities, or
- pursue the initial stages in academia.
Admission criteria for acceptance into the MFash:
- Official transcript(s).
- Minimum of a 3.0 college GPA (or a standard GMAT or GRE if GPA is below 3.0 for conditional admissions).
- TOEFL Score for International Students without Bachelor's Degree from accredited U.S. institution.
- Statement of career/academic goals and research interests. How will you approach these in practice in no more than 500 words.
- Submission of past visual (portfolio) and/or written academic work (paper) that demonstrates capabilities. A minimum 5-10 examples of work or significant term paper or project.
Portfolios can be up to two 25MB max/documents (50MB max/form) in .pdf format.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Graduate Assistantships are available. After you submit your application, you will be sent a confirmation email and information about how to apply for an assistantship or complete and return the attached form.
Information about tuition and fees for Domestic students can be found at http://www.kent.edu/graduatestudies/index.cfm. Scroll to and click on the Information for prospective students tab, then you will see tuition and fees tab.
International Students submit application materials directly through the Kent State University's Office of Global Education. Information about tuition and fees for International students can be found at http://www.kent.edu/admissions/international/cost/graduate.cfm Please direct questions to:
Office of Global Education
Van Campen Hall
Kent State University
For more information, please contact Dr. Catherine Leslie, Graduate Studies Coordinator.