Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Advising and Academic Services


The Office of Advising and Academic Services, in the College of the Arts,  provides general advising to students and assists with a wide variety of academic processes, both undergraduate and graduate.

Office of Advising and Academic Services
202C Taylor Hall
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Walk-In Advising Wednesdays, 9-11 a.m. & 1:30-4 p.m.


Undergraduate Students

Comprehensive academic advising is available for undergraduate students who are declared majors in the College of the Arts, as well as for students in other colleges who are exploring our majors. The Office of the Dean houses an advisor in each of our four schools.  OAAS, the Office of Advising and Academic Services, also provides services to students who are undecided about a choice of academic major, who are contemplating general changes of academic programs, and those who have been placed on academic probation. Assistance is provided to help students with a variety of processes, including declaring majors and minors; applying for graduation and freshman forgiveness; and processing transient forms, special petitions, and changes of registration. 

Graduate Students

Academic advising at the graduate level is the prerogative and responsibility of individual faculty advisors and the graduate coordinator in a student's program area or school. Students are strongly encouraged to contact their faculty advisor in regard to all academic issues. The Office of Advising and Academic Services provides administrative support to its constituent schools and is available to help graduate students with the following tasks: apply for graduation, file a thesis or dissertation, undertake a change of registration, request a time extension for a graduate degree, request transient credit approval, verify transient credit, verify coursework for combined undergraduate/graduate degrees, and deal with other concerns.