Crafts, M.A. and M.F.A. (Applicant must choose from one of the following concentrations)
Art Education, M.A.
- Statements of varying emphasis and resumes are required for students applying in all programs.
Art Education Majors: Submit a philosophy of art education statement of between 250-500 words.
Studio Majors in Crafts and Fine Arts: Submit a 250-500 word artist statement that includes your area of studio concentration and research interests along with a resume that includes exhibitions, publications, and relevant experience.
Art History Majors: Submit a 250-300 word goals statement which includes your area of research interest.
2. Three letters of recommendation from persons who are themselves in your proposed area of study.
3. A portfolio that shows an emphasis in the proposed area of studio interest. The portfolio should consist of 20 images submitted in the form of 100dpi jpegs in a Power Point slide presentation. Each slide should be captioned with the medium, process, size, year and any other appropriate information. Email your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . It will likely need to be zipped or compressed. Other submission options include sharing your portfolio with email@example.com through Google Docs or you may email the URL of your website to the same address. Portfolios are not required for applicants to the program in Art History. Art Education applicants’ portfolios should be a combination of personal works and work from their students.
Fine Arts & Crafts, M.A. and M.F.A. (in all areas of concentration)
· English Proficiency: TOEFL (PBT) 575, TOEFL (iBT) 90, IELTS 7.0**
· Academic records *
· Goals Statement- Submit a 250-300 word artist statement that delineates your area of studio concentration and research interests.
· Three letters of recommendation from persons who are themselves in your proposed area of study or a closely related field
· Portfolio: Applicants must submit a digital portfolio of 20 images showing their most recent and relevant work. The portfolio may be submitted on a CD and mailed with your application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org The preferred format is a Power Point slide presentation. Each slide should be captioned with the medium, process, size, year and any other appropriate information. The total size of the presentation must be less than 15MB.
Art History, M.A.
· English Proficiency: TOEFL (PBT) 575, TOEFL (iBT) 90, IELTS 7.0 **
· Academic records *
· Goals Statement (Submit a 250-300 word statement which includes your area of research interest)
*All materials should be sent to International Admissions at the address listed below.
*Portfolios may be emailed to email@example.com.
Note: GREs are not required by The School of Art.
**The TOEFL exam is preferred.