F.A.Q. About Graduate Assistantships in the School of Art
What kind of assistantships do you offer?
· Assistantships are awarded in all concentrations on a highly competitive basis. *
· The School of Art has 22 teaching assistantships and 1 administrative assistantship.
What is included in an assistantship?
· All assistantships include a stipend and full tuition waiver.
· The university also provides a sizable contribution to offset the cost of a health care plan offered to all graduate assistants.
What would be expected of me?
· Graduate assistants must be fulltime students and have a service commitment of 20 hours per week.
· Graduate Assistants may not fall below a 3.0 GPA
What would I be doing?
· Teaching Assistants work in their own area of study teaching classes, assisting professors, and other important tasks directly related to their area of study.
· The graduate administrative assistant works in the galleries assisting the Director of the School of Art Galleries. This assistantship is awarded to a highly qualified individual from any area of graduate study within the School of Art.
How do I apply?
· Submit an Application for Graduate Assistantship (hyperlink underlined to GA app) and a CV to Graduate Admissions along with your other application materials. Please also send a cover letter by email to Lisa Everson email@example.com to inform us of your interest and please specify the area of study you are applying to.
- Assistantships are not available for the M.A.T program.
- Assistantships are not available for first semester International students.