Next Steps and Tools
Actions Students Need to Take to Declare a Major
- Determine if you are in a degree-granting major by reviewing the information for your major at www.kent.edu/advising.
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- Visit the Graduation Planning System (GPS) web site to explore majors and degrees.
Tools and Resources for Students
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor as soon as possible. Your advisor will help you develop a personal plan.
- The Graduation Planning System (GPS) website lists all majors and programs available to students and can be searched based upon a variety of criteria: http://www.kent.edu/gps.
- Two career courses have been developed to provide assistance to students who need help with selecting a major. They are US 20008, Career Construction and US 20009, Career and Life Planning: Change, Choice, and Chance. A video tutorial about this policy for Exploratory students is available on this website and will provide background on this issue to students.
- Career Services is available for consultations on all campuses.