Next Steps for Admitted Students
Where Do You Go From Here?
Congratulations on your admission to Kent State University! Below are your next steps in the enrollment process at Kent State. Be sure to login to FlashLine to review your new student checklist on the New@KSU tab. Please contact an admissions counselor at 1-800-988-5368 with any questions. We look forward to you becoming a member of the Kent State community!
Important Information for Freshmen
- Review the New Freshman Welcome Packet for detailed information on your next steps. Parents can review the Parent Welcome Packet for information to help keep their student on track.
- Reserve your spot in the freshman class by paying your $150 enrollment fee. Log in to FlashLine to pay online or mail a check to the Admissions Office.
- Plan to attend one of our programs reserved exclusively for admitted freshmen. You will have the opportunity to explore Kent State’s academic programs, student support services, residence life, financial aid and much more.
- Complete Placement Assessments before attending Destination Kent State (DKS) in June or July. Placement Assessments are available online through FlashLine beginning April 1. During DKS, you will meet with your academic advisor to discuss Placement Assessment results and schedule for classes. For more information about Placement Assessments, visit the DKS website.
- Schedule for Destination Kent State Advising & Registration which will take place in early summer. This day-and-a-half program includes an overnight stay in a residence hall. Highlights of this program include one-on-one academic advising, scheduling classes, experiencing residence life and meeting other incoming freshman students.
Important Information for Transfer, Post-undergraduate and Guest Students
- Review the Transfer, Post-Undergraduate and Guest Welcome Packet for detailed information on enrollment and registration information.
- Contact the appropriate advising office for advising and registration assistance.
Important Information for All Students
- Review your Admission Letter. Contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-988-5368 with any corrections including change of address or change of major. Log in to FlashLine on the Kent State home page per the instructions on the Admission Letter.
- Complete the FAFSA. All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon as possible after Jan. 1 to determine eligibility for federal and state aid including grants and student and parent loans. Kent State's Title IV School Code is 003051.
- Complete the online housing application to reserve your space in the residence halls or complete the commuter exemption form. if you are under the age of 21 and meet the exemption criteria. Housing assignments will be available on the online application site starting July 5.
- Submit Immunization Documentation. All students born after Jan. 1, 1957, must show proof of two MMRs (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) in a lifetime or one in the last six years. Students from the following areas are required to have a tuberculosis screening test (TB/PPD/Mantoux) in the last 12 months: Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean Islands and Asia. There is an immunization requirement form that all students must complete and return to the University Health Center. Please review the immunization policy and to download the Proof of Immunization Form.
Destination Kent State
Attend Destination Kent State to meet one-on-one with your college advisor and plan your class schedule, get your KSU ID, and gather information from campus offices.Find Out More