The Purpose of the Draime Estate Gardens
- D. Max and Cecile M. Draime
- Inspire the Kent State community to discover, create, apply, and share knowledge in this unique learning environment.
- Engage students in practical learning and critical thinking to develop the knowledge and skills that lead to productive careers and responsible citizenship.
- Serve as a model of philanthropy for Kent State University.
- Establish the Draime Estate Gardens of Kent State University as a preeminent horticultural resource and national model of gardening excellence.
- Strive for excellence in all we do.
- Position Draime as a model of excellence in learning experiences and philanthropy.
- Maintain a stimulating learning environment for discovery, creativity, and innovation.
- Offer opportunities for students to reach their potential.
- Provide access to unique, diverse, and beautiful gardens.
- Collaborate and partner within public, professional, and academic sectors.
- Advance diversity within our collections, staff, and partnerships.
- Promote and encourage cultural opportunities within Kent State and public horticulture.