Kent State University Schools & Programs
At Kent State University, students may access a wide range of academic undergraduate and graduate programs on eight Kent State campuses located throughout Northeast Ohio. These undergraduate, graduate schools and programs allow students to choose from more than 200 majors and minors. Kent State's large selection of academic programs is just one reason we are considered among the top universities and colleges in Ohio when it comes to learning and development. Kent State University schools and programs can help you pursue success in a wide variety of fields -- what are you waiting for?
Browse the departments listed below to see the many opportunities available to you at KSU. Discover how Kent State University schools and programs can help you pursue success today! Apply now.
offers the largest flight-training program in Ohio and is recognized by major airlines and the U.S. military as one of the top flight schools and best university aviation programs in the country.
a leader in innovative dual degrees: Master of Architecture and Master of Business Administration; and Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Design.
the Fashion School is ranked seventh in the country and 21st in the world by Fashionista.com
- School of Art
- School of Fashion Design and Merchandising
- School of Music
- School of Theatre and Dance
The Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability, led by an interdepartmental group of 26 faculty researchers, educates students and develops programs to study Northeast Ohio's natural environment and restore and preserve its integrity.
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Geology
- Department of History
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
- Department of Pan-African Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sociology
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- Chemical Physics Interdisciplinary Program (graduate program only)
- Integrated Life Sciences - Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine Degree Program
ranked in the top tier of U.S. News and World Report's "Best Undergraduate Business Programs."
Ohio's only accredited Master of Library and Information Science program. It is ranked among the top 20 graduate schools in the field by U.S. News and World Report, and its children's librarianship program is ranked 10th.
- School of Communication Studies
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Visual Communication Design
offers both semester-long and short-term studies in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe and South America.
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Foundations, Leadership & Administration
- School of Lifespan Development & Educational Sciences
- School of Teaching, Learning & Curriculum Studies
One of the oldest and most prestigious honors programs in the country.
has partnerships with nearly 100 hospitals, clinics and extended-care facilities, allowing students to gain valuable experience and develop relationships in their field.
is one of the largest and most respected podiatric medical education institutions in the country and the only accredited podiatry school in Ohio.
Ohio's second such college, to help meet the growing national need for public health professionals.
expands access to university resources in Ohio and beyond to meet the unique educational and professional development needs of traditional students, working professionals and adult learners. Continuing and distance education courses are an excellent way to stay on top of your industry or to continue the lifelong pursuit of knowledge for personal growth and development.
is Kent State's newest school and combines elements of computer science, computer information systems, computer technology, library information science, visual communication design, journalism, communication studies and instructional technology.
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFROTC) - NonDegree
- Military Science/Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) - NonDegree
- Police Academy
"Research for Life" at Kent State means focusing on the major global challenges we face as a society – healthcare, energy and sustainability. Through our research in these fields we are making a deep impact both regionally and globally. "Research for Life" also means enriching lives through our cultural and artistic endeavors, educating the next generation of educators, and inquiring deeply into the human condition. In all these areas and more, Kent State excels.