Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Educational Administration - K-12 Leadership - Ed.S., M.A., M.Ed. and Ph.D.

COLLEGE: College of Education, Health and Human Services
DEPARTMENT: School of Foundations, Leadership and Administration
316 White Hall
Tel: 330-672-2012

For more information contact:
Catherine Hackney
316 White Hall
DESCRIPTION: The Educational Specialist in Educational Administration–K-12  provides continuing educational opportunities for practitioners who wish to hold professional leadership positions such as a director of instruction, a special subject/area coordinator, or a director of staff development.

The Master of Arts and the Master of Education in Educational Administration–K-12 Leadership prepares teachers to become administrators in public and private school settings. This is an academically rigorous and experientially intense program where future school leaders are challenged to excel and take their learning and potential to the next level by developing  knowledge and understanding of current and developing leadership theories and practices.

The Ph.D. in Educational Administration–K-12 Leadership prepares reflective practitioners who can function effectively as leaders in complex educational settings. Graduates are employed in public and private institutions at the pre-kindergarten to grade 12 and higher educational levels, as well as and in non-school settings, both public and private in nature.
Official transcript(s), goal statement, two letters of recommendation and interview. A 3.0 GPA is required for the M.A. or M.Ed. (GRE required if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0). A 3.5 GPA is required for the Ed.S. A résumé or vita is required for Ph.D. The Ed.S. and Ph.D. both require the GRE (Ed.S.: 530 verbal, 510 quantitative, 4.5 writing; Ph.D.: 550 verbal, 530 quantitative, 4.5 writing).

Ed.S: Thirty semester hours of planned graduate study beyond the master’s degree is required to receive an Educational Specialist degree.

M.A.:The Master of Arts (M.A.) degree requires a minimum of 32 semester hours of graduate coursework including at least 16 semester hours at the 60000 level or above. A major consisting of 18 or more semester hours in the College of Education, Health, and Human Services is required. M.A. students have six years from the term of first enrollment to complete the program.

After admission to the degree program, students plan a program of study with their respective faculty advisory committee headed by their advisor. Students’ programs may include at least one appropriate graduate-level minor or cognate as well as the major.