The College of Technology offers a program of graduate study leading to the Master of Technology degree. The program, which provides advanced technical and management skills, meets the needs of the technical workforce in industry and business. It also offers students flexibility in course selection to meet the diverse demands of careers in rapidly changing fields in a technology-based economy. Under established university policy for institutional collaboration and partnerships, the Master of Technology degree program provides a concurrent degree under a bilateral memorandum of agreement with various international institutions. Information about the College and its programs is available at http://www.kent.edu/tech.
The Master of Technology degree program is designed to provide students with a graduate education with advanced and comprehensive technical management skills to support, analyze, modify and manage complex technical systems in the contemporary knowledge economy. Specific objectives of the program are to:
- Enhance proficiency in planning, organizing, decision making and management of technology and complex systems.
- Understand production and process control to improve quality, reliability and productivity in business, industry and government sectors.
- Apply and control the use of high technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of productive processes and systems in the workforce.
- Enhance problem-solving and creative-thinking skills in interdisciplinary settings.
- Contribute to applied research, development and outreach activities to foster economic development.