Department of Marketing
College of Business Administration
Room 534, Business Administration Building
In today’s highly competitive business environment, successful managers must have a strong focus on providing customer satisfaction. This requires the ability to research consumer needs, wants and desires; understand what these mean in terms of company offerings (e.g., the marketing mix); and communicate the benefits of their products or services effectively. The marketing minor is designed to help students develop the perspectives and skills necessary to understand consumers and to provide customer satisfaction. Students completing a minor should be equipped to bring a marketing orientation to both profit and not-for-profit organizations.
|MARKETING MINOR REQUIREMENTS (21 credits)|
|ECON||22060||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|22061||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|45045||Advertising and Promotion Management||3|
|45046||Personal Selling and Sales Management||3|
Requirements to declare the marketing minor:
- Officially declared major (not pre-major, general, undeclared/exploratory); however, advising is available and recommended anytime prior to declaration
- Minimum 60 semester hours completed
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
Requirement to graduate with the marketing minor:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (including all attempts) is required in the minor courses
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least two courses in the minor at Kent State University on a graded basis. At least one of these courses must be at the upper-division (30000 or 40000) level.
- Marketing courses required for the minor are not be offered each semester. Students should read the Marketing Major Course Requirements for course sequencing or contact the department's undergraduate advising office before applying for the minor to determine whether they can complete the minor coursework in a timely manner.