Department of Economics
College of Business Administration
Room 480, Business Administration Building
|ECONOMICS MINOR REQUIREMENTS(18 credits):|
|ECON||22060||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|22061||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|Economics upper-division electives*||9|
|Intermediate Microeconomic Theory and Applications (3)
Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory and Policy (3)
*Economics upper-division electives (9) may include ECON 32040 or 32041 if not selected above, chosen with advisor approval
Requirements to declare the economics minor:
- Officially declared major (not pre-major, general, undeclared or exploratory); however, advising is available and recommended anytime prior to declaration
- Minimum 30 semester hours completed
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
Requirement to graduate with the economics minor:
- Minimum 2.00 GPA (including all attempts) is required in the minor courses.
- It is highly recommended that students electing the economics minor complete at least one mathematics course at the MATH 11010 level or higher before registering for upper- division economics courses.
- To earn a College of Business Administration minor, students must complete at least two courses in the minor at Kent State University on a graded basis. At least one of these courses must be at the upper-division (30000 or 40000) level.