The Faculty Senate Budget Advisory Committee (FaSBAC) advises the president on budgetary issues at the university and division levels. The responsibilities of this committee are:
- Periodically review the impact of RCM’s
- Effect on academic quality
- Effect on unit performance
- Allocation procedures
- Recommend funding priorities consistent with the University Strategic Plan
- Review requests submitted by all division for subvention or investment funds
- Review requests submitted by all divisions to increase overhead
- Annually review the University’s performance according to established measures
- Review enrollment projections used for budget modeling
- Review the final draft of the University operating budget
- Review the performance of non-academic service and support units
- Appoint sub-committees as necessary to improve aspects of the RCM model and its functioning, e.g., training
The committee is co-chaired by the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and the Vice President for Business and Finance. The committee is comprised of representatives from faculty, deans, chairs and directors and students. Faculty representatives shall be nominated by College Advisory Committees, the Regional Campus Faculty Advisory Council and the Faculty Senate. Faculty membership shall be appointed by the chairs of the Faculty Senate in consultation with the Faculty Senate Executive committee.
The charter for this committee can be found here.