Information for Current Students
All current Biotechnology students should meet regularly with the Biotechnology Program Director to get advice on the career and on the program requirements that must be met. The Program Director serves as the major advisor.
The Biotechnology Program Director:
- Aids in course planning
- Approves course substitutions in the major
- Provides advice on elective courses and approves elective courses not listed in the program requirements
- Provides career advice and counseling
In addition students will meet with a regular academic advisor in the College of Arts and Sciences.
The College of Arts and Sciences advising staff:
- Aids in course planning, with a focus on meeting the Kent Core requirements
- Review all degree requirements and verifies that the student has met the requirements at graduation.
Students should start thinking about and planning for the research experience in the first year!
Evaluation forms for students on internship or doing individual investigations:
Consult the degree requirements for the year you entered Kent State University (your "catalog year" can be found on Flashline). Be certain that you are meeting those requirements. Consult with the Biotechnology Program Director and/or College of Arts and Sciences advisors if you have any questions.
Deadlines to submit for graduation (there is a fee for late applications)
May Graduation - September 15 of the previous year
August Graduation - December 15 of the previous year
December Graduation - March 15 of the same year